
Ahhhh....Warmth! We finally got our cast iron wood burner up and running! Eric worked hard all day redoing everything! It's not completley finished, we plan on putting stone on the built-up he made and possibly the whole wall behind. But we wanted to make sure it worked before we (Eric) did all the work! It does and made it a toasty 81 degrees in the room! It was like walking into Grandma's house!! It was so warm that Tyler who usually sleeps in the basement begged to sleep upstairs in our dining/sitting room! I let him. When he woke up it was 64 degrees after the fire went out.

Owen enjoyed our speghetti dinner ~ and how awesome am I to let him eat it in a WHITE shirt....duh!!
I'm so glad we live in this house now...the older features of the home our growing on me. Especially the fireplaces!
Jess, that room is going to be so fantastic with the wood burner in there. I can't wait to see the finished product. Glad it works!
ReplyDeleteYour #1 Florida friend is so very thankful that you posted those beautiful snow pics!! I sooo wish my kiddies could go out and play in it with yours! Yes, I am jealous! And, no, I am NOT on the beach! It's too cold - 74 today and a cold front tonight will keep our daytime temps in the 60's the rest of the week. Brrr! I too am glad for my fireplace! And I'm thankful my Target has put firelogs on sale this week! Just in time!
ReplyDeleteMy children love midwinter wiener roasts complete with s'mores. Just lay out your table cloth with all the fixin's in front of the fire and enjoy!!!
ReplyDelete